Smoked Salmon and Lemon Mini Fishcakes
Add a little bit of zest this Christmas with Smoked Salmon and lemon mini fishcakes.
- 140g Falls of Dochart Smoked Salmon trimmings, plus extra to serve
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2tbsp gluten-free flour mixed 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- A drop of oil, for frying
Microwave a potato for 10mins, on high, until soft, leave to cool.
With a spoon, remove the flesh from the potato and add to a bowl then mash.
Season the mash with olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
To the mash, add the egg, salmon and parsley and mix.
Shape the mixture, 3cm wide and 1cm deep rounds. Chill for 15mins.
Sprinkle peppered flour on each cake before frying over a low heat in oil for 2-3mins on eachside.
Serve with Falls of Dochart Smoked Salmon and parsley to garnish.